PowerHydrant is an early stage startup focused on applying the “smart phone dividend” to deliver 3D sensor based conductive autonomous fast-charging for Autonomous Vehicles and eMobility. Based in Boston’s Innovation District, PowerHydrant is a member of the MIT Startup Exchange and part of Autodesk’s inaugural Startups in Residence (STIR) group.
PowerHydrant® has important advantages over other hands-free charging technologies:
- Conductive robotic charging is unencumbered by power-transfer constraints and can charge at rates from less than 3kW to over 150kW (fast-charge) @ 99% efficiencies.
- There are no vehicle-alignment, foreign-object, or EMC/EMI constraints.
- A single charger can be autonomously time-shared (by 2 to 8 vehicles) for cost and congestion management. Optimal sharing ensured by Max-min fairness.
- Simpler to Install or retrofit.
- High efficiency means less heat, higher reliability, better safety, and better user acceptance.
- V2X support assured.